PlaySport helps children and youth develop an understanding of the skills and strategies associated with playing a wide range of physical activities and sports.
PlaySport includes downloadable activity cards for educators, coaches and recreation leaders which have step-by-step instructions for leading activities with children and youth. Each card also incorporates:
- A visual support to demonstrate activity set-up or activity play
- Important safety information
- Adaptations for making the activities more or less challenging to be inclusive of participants of all abilities
- Participant reflection questions
- Connections to other sports which use similar skills, strategies and tactics
- Linkages to the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines
The activity cards encourage children and youth to discover the joy of movement by increasing the awareness and capacity of educators, coaches and recreation leaders to promote physical activity.